Rev. Richard Carlini
350 North Civic Drive, #204, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Telephone: 925-588-3848 | Email: RichardCarlini@gmail.com
Mission Statement: To express the Truth in all beings always.
Vision Statement: To serve in a ministry where I can be an expression of Truth - and though this expression, my creativity flows outward with authenticity and zeal.
Unity of Seattle, Seattle, Washington
- Served as Associate Minister Adult Education and highlights during my time at this ministry include:
- Created Wednesday Evening experience enfolding music, prayer, chant energy into a regular weekly service
- Full adult education series including classes for credit. Ministry Licensed Unity Teachers reported to me and worked with me in creating schedule and teaching.
- Created with the men’s congregation a Unity Men’s Group and annual men’s retreat
- Facilitated congregational trip to Unity Village and participated in Nehemiah Retreat
Central Phoenix Unity, Phoenix, Arizona
- Pioneered a new Unity Center in Central Phoenix – Developed marketing strategies which developed a congregation of approximately 110 in eight months with 60-80 in attendance at Sunday Worship services.
- During my time at this ministry a board of directors was formed, the Unity Chaplain Program began, music ministry formed led by Dr. Lynn Haeseler including a five-piece band, multiple classes and services were held.
Unity of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona
- Associate Minister Pastoral Care – reporting to Director of Pastoral Care Lei Lanni Burt in this corporate church of 1200 members with attendance reaching 1500 adults and 300 children for Sunday Worship
- Responsibilities include Prayer Team, Development and implementation of Bereavement Ministry, Spiritual Counseling supervision, home and hospital visitation, member of Executive Team, First Aid Medical Response Team, and management of discretionary outreach fund
- Facilitated with Director of Pastoral Care and Chaplain Co-coordinator the day to day activities of 54 member lay chaplain program which participates in adult worship, wellness calls, home and hospital visitation, youth ministry, extended care chaplain program and healing service facilitation
I have over 43 years in the health care industry and more than 25 years of leadership in the post-acute care arena including home health, private duty, infusion, and hospice. I am equipped with strong qualifications in providing strategic planning and support, health and safety operations, community health process, policy and procedure development, team building and quality performance improvement. My focus also includes program and organizational planning, with documented success in overcoming challenges of limited resources and financial constraints through the design of high-quality, cost-effective, and comprehensive service offerings.
I am entrepreneurially spirited and was the President of a startup direct mail marketing company for eight years. My post-acute experience has provided me with experience in start-up, census growth, SWOT analysis, survey and accreditation plans of correction, education and Performance Improvement. The last eight years included palliative medicine start up, EDITA turns around, focus Medicare review and appeals and strategic plan development and implementation.
I have also facilitated multiple classes and workshops on end of life care and issues, grief modalities, bereavement processes including cross-cultural, and the role of the spiritual care provider.
Unity Institute, Unity Village, MO
- Ordination by the Association of Unity Churches – June 2004
- Personal Development Program – 2001
University of California San Marcos
- Certification as Registered Nurse Palliative Care
Ottawa University, Kansas City, MO
- Health Services Management – Bachelor of Arts – 2002
Community College of Allegheny County, West Mifflin, PA
- Nursing – Associate of Applied Science – Registered Nurse – 1974
Point Park College, Pittsburgh, PA
- Completed courses toward bachelor’s degree in psychology