Starting in April
How To Pray With Others
Five Wednesdays, April 20-May 18, 2022
4 PM to 5:30 PM PST
About this event:
7.5 hrs. CEU
Whether you pray with others in an official capacity on your church prayer team, or with a prayer partner, your prayer work deepens as you deepen. Give yourself the gift of diving deeper into Unity’s approach to affirmative prayer with others. In a course of study with Rev. Linda, you can expect to:
• Reimagine the method and flow of prayer taught by the Fillmores.
• Identify spiritual issues at the heart of prayer requests, the remedy for which can be claimed as spiritual capacities.
• Broaden your definition of GOD to include divine powers/principles that can be claimed and embodied.
• Practice speaking from spiritual authority, reminding others of their divine identity that can be realized and expressed.
Training is based upon Linda Martella-Whitsett’s books: How to Pray Without Talking to God: Moment by Moment, Choice by Choice, Divine Audacity: Dare to be the Light of the World, This Life is Yours: Discover Your Power, Claim Your Wholeness, and Heal Your Life.
The Art & Science of Metanoia with Rev. Larry Schneider
Six Thursdays, June 23–July 28, 2022
4 PM to 5:30 PM PDT
Metanoia is a Greek word traditionally translated as repenting or confessing your sins; however, it also means changing how you think. In these six 90-minute classes, you will learn why we’re slaves to old and outdated beliefs and feelings, why they are so difficult to change, and learn techniques to assist you in changing your thinking. Why is this important to us?
Jesus, the wise Master Teacher, began his ministry with an admonition to “Repent.” If the words and parables attributed to him are studied using our higher consciousness, the student will discover that most of his teachings, if not all, call for a dynamic and flexible thought process. Therefore, if it was that important to Jesus, it should be equally important for us.
Participation in these six virtual classes will be interactive, engaging, and fun. Topics include:
• A general overview and understanding of metanoia
• Developing your core value(s)
• Internet-based testing to discover and use your temperament to your advantage
• Creating a supportive dream team
• Finding how metanoia relates to cutting-edge brain research findings
• Learning and practicing proven techniques to help us know, without a doubt, that we can be more adaptive in the way we think
• You will learn how to no longer be a slave to outdated thinking